A Packet of Poems

Welcome to my poems that you can relate to, enjoy.



Bill

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Alzheimer's

Death Oh! death come take me soon
No longer am I free to commune
The world so present near and far
Life is home inside a scar
Old friends are foreign in every form
I know them not in my amnesic storm

Death Oh! death have reason to alight
Life I love I have no fright
Created to live to do my best
My hour is here for one last test
Endorse the mark prepared for me
The call has come for death's decree

Death Oh! death why live this wrath
Causing others a darkened path
Wallowing wryly amidst stress and strain
Each passing day delineates the pain
Monitor this tangle to the fore
Seclude silent suffering to shield the sore

Death Oh! death we pinched we saved
Disciplined for changes to be braved
Laws for nest eggs sway the gene
Domiciles for care may be mean
Whatever your wealth safe or small
This murky malady can consume it all

Death Oh! death there is no bound
All living things hear your sound
Nature's inborn caveat is to die
Fulfilling promises some awry
Each earthling quartered is God's guest
Worthy to the moment of infinite rest

Death Oh! death be merciful and kind
Not for my soul but for those behind
A wake remains from my flight from earth
Leaving behind a world in dearth
I laugh I cry and in between
Deep love to all as I pass this scene

Copyright 1998 William M. Kuzmiak 

No comments:

Post a Comment